Automatic self cleaning Turbidity filter to remove sediment and particles from the water to improve clarity.
The filter has an automatic backwash head so it can clean itself as required. This unit can treat a flow of around 20Lpm depending on contamination levels. It is best suited to houses that have cold water storage tanks in the loft
For use with potable water to reduce turbidity and improve water clarity.
The filter colects dirt and sediment as the water passes through the unit allowing the clean water back into the water system.
Service Flow rate 5 gpm
Dry weight 66 kgs
Fittings 3/4" bsp
Backwash flow 4-5 gpm
Electricity rating 240v 50Hz
CHARGING & FITTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR AN EMPTY TURBIDITY UNIT
1. Place riser tube into cylinder ensuring it is central
2. The media charges are numbered. Pour first bag of media (labelled ‘1’) into the cylinder ensuring none enters the riser tube and that the riser tube remains central. Use of a funnel is recommended
3. Shake the cylinder gently to level the media
4. Repeat procedure for each bag of media in numerical order
- Push backwash valve onto riser tube ensuring the riser tube is positioned into the top screen. Then screw the valve up firmly onto the cylinder
Connect the inlet of the turbidity unit into the water supply
DO NOT connect outlet at this stage
- Fit drain line to the drain elbow on top of valve head, and open end to waste
- Put the outlet to drain, then slowly turn on the water to the inlet and allow the unit to fill slowly
- Allow water to flush through the cylinder on slow flow until the water coming from the outlet runs clear
- Once the water is running clear, connect the outlet to the water line
- Connect transformer to power supply
- Press the scroll button on the valve twice then set the correct time using the up and down indicators
- Press scroll button twice again, to perform a manual backwash (will count down from 10) and allow completion of the full cycle
- When cycle is finished, the valve is back in service mode. Repeat the manual backwash another 2 times, again allowing completion of the full cycle. From service mode you will need to press the scroll button 4 times to reach the backwash mode
- The system is now in service.
FITTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR A CHARGED TURBIDITY UNIT
- Fit the inlet of the Turbidity Unit into the water line. Do not connect outlet.
- Allow unit to fill slowly with water and put the outlet to drain (a hose may be attached if convenient).
- Allow water to run through the cylinder on slow flow until the water coming from the unit runs clear.
- Manually backwash unit at least 3 times, allowing completion of the full cycle run each run.
- Continue running water slowly through the cylinder until the water is again clear.
- Connect outlet into water line.
- Set time on backwash valve to operate once a week or as directed.
Based in Devon, with distributors throughout Europe, Silverline UK Limited manufactures a wide range of water treatment systems and products.
Reasons to choose Silverline Uk
- The highest quality materials are always used.
- We have a technical team available to interpret your water report and give advice on suitable solutions.
- We can advise and manufacture to your specific requirements.
- We have a wide range of products to meet your individual needs, domestic and commercial.
- Prompt postage or delivery with a range of carriage options.
- Reminder service to let you know when your filter/cartridge needs replacing.
- Wide range of WRAS approved products.
- All components and parts conform to British standards BS6920
- The filtration media are approved by the Drinking Water Inspectorate and the Department of the Environment
- Careful testing is performed on all our products and reports are available for many to substantiate performance.
- Friendly well informed staff happy to assist.