Standard (S) reduction/removal filters are a general purpose filter which use Granular Activated Carbon media. They are effective at reducing chemicals (including herbicides and pesticides) and chlorine to improve water taste and odour.
Activated carbon filters remove/reduce many volatile organic chemicals (VOC), as well as benzene, trihalomethane (THM) compounds, radon, solvents and hundreds of other man-made chemicals found in tap water. They are not designed for and not generally effective at removing metals or sediment.
The filters require regular replacement as will become exhausted after a time, which is dependent on the size/capacity of the filter unit.
293mm x 52mm
Max flow: 6 pints per minute
Max pressure: 100 psi
Max temp: 70°C
Screen rating: 1 micron
Expected life: 6 Months
Model name: MINI
The under counter filter system (UC06S), comprising filter cylinder, bracket and fitting kit is normally installed under the kitchen sink to provide tasty wholesome drinking water.
The fitting kit consists of long reach tap, suitable for fixing to the sink or adjacent work top and self piercing valve (with non return valve to comply with water byelaws) for connection to the cold water supply. Both components have tubes already attached to make plumbing really simple so there is no need for expensive plumbing costs.
How it works:
When the filter tap is turned on water is diverted from the cold water connection into the bottom of the filter cylinder. The water rises up through the media under mains pressure where the carbon within reduces the chlorine and chemical contaminants. The water passes out of the top of the filter and is dispensed via the filter tap.
Based in Devon, with distributors throughout Europe, Silverline UK Limited manufactures a wide range of water treatment systems and products.
Reasons to choose Silverline Uk
- The highest quality materials are always used.
- We have a technical team available to interpret your water report and give advice on suitable solutions.
- We can advise and manufacture to your specific requirements.
- We have a wide range of products to meet your individual needs, domestic and commercial.
- Prompt postage or delivery with a range of carriage options.
- Reminder service to let you know when your filter/cartridge needs replacing.
- Wide range of WRAS approved products.
- All components and parts conform to British standards BS6920
- The filtration media are approved by the Drinking Water Inspectorate and the Department of the Environment
- Careful testing is performed on all our products and reports are available for many to substantiate performance.
- Friendly well informed staff happy to assist.