PSIM/EV/PP Iron and Manganese Reduction Unit With Automatic PP Back Wash
Type: Iron and Manganese reduction unit with PP
This filter is designed to collect Iron an Manganes and Hydrogen Sulphide (the rotten egg smell) from the water during the day and automatically backwash at night to clean the Iron filter of all the Iron and Manganese it has collected during the day. This filter has a Potassium Permanganate backwash to help with the backwashing of the filter, rest assured the Potassium Permanganate is not used to treat the water it is only used to clean the media in the filter similar to putting rinse aid in the dishwasher.
This filter is designed for water with lower contamination levels and housed that have cold water storage tanks in the loft.
The Iron and Manganese filter will also need a pressurised supply of water to backwash with so will need to be fitted after the pressure vessel although this filter will work in other applications but this will need to be specified when ordering.
It is always a good idea to email a test report on your water before buying the filter to ensure the filter is right for your water or alternatively you could give us a call the advice is free
For use with potable water to reduce levels of Iron, Manganese and Hydrogen sulphide.
This is a filter for essentially low contamination levels with a flow rate of up to around 20lpm depending on contamination levels.
IRON & MANGANESE UNIT WITH ERIE VALVE - CHARGING & FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
- Unscrew control head from cylinder and remove gently
- Place riser tube back into cylinder ensuring it is central
- The media charges are numbered. Pour first bag of media (labelled ‘1’) into the cylinder ensuring none enters the riser tube and that the riser tube remains central. Use of a funnel is recommended
- Shake the cylinder gently to level the media
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each bag of media in numerical order
- Push top screen onto riser tube and replace the control head screwing up firmly
- If you have a potassium permanganate tank this should be ready charged (we recommend the level is checked on at least a yearly basis)
Connect the inlet of the iron unit to the water supply,
DO NOT connect outlet
- If your unit has a potassium permanganate backwash tank:
- · Locate the ‘black tee’ on left side of unit head
- · Partly unscrew black nut
- · Push the black 3/8” tube from the tank, through the black nut and into the black tee
- · Tighten nut to secure – do not over-tighten as this could split.
- Fit drain line to the drain elbow on top of head
- Allow water to flush through the unit slowly until water runs clear
- Connect outlet to water line
- Connect transformer to power supply.
- Press the scroll button on head ONCE and set the correct time using the up and down indicators
- Press the scroll button TWICE to initiate a manual backwash (total time 85 minutes). NB: Once backwash has started the whole cycle must be completed – DO NOT stop mid-cycle
- The system is now in service.
NB: If a PH correction unit is required this must be fitted on the water line BEFORE the iron & manganese unit.
Based in Devon, with distributors throughout Europe, Silverline UK Limited manufactures a wide range of water treatment systems and products.
Reasons to choose Silverline Uk
- The highest quality materials are always used.
- We have a technical team available to interpret your water report and give advice on suitable solutions.
- We can advise and manufacture to your specific requirements.
- We have a wide range of products to meet your individual needs, domestic and commercial.
- Prompt postage or delivery with a range of carriage options.
- Reminder service to let you know when your filter/cartridge needs replacing.
- Wide range of WRAS approved products.
- All components and parts conform to British standards BS6920
- The filtration media are approved by the Drinking Water Inspectorate and the Department of the Environment
- Careful testing is performed on all our products and reports are available for many to substantiate performance.
- Friendly well informed staff happy to assist.