Mini pH Correction Unit PSPHMINI
This filter is designed to neutralize acidic water, it will bring the pH up to 7.2 but no higher. This will prevent the acidic water damaging the copper plumbing in your house.
This pH correction filter is designed for use where space is limited or where there is a low incoming pressure as a shorter filter requires less pressure to work. Sometimes these filters are installed in parallel where height is an issue. As these filters are built at our workshops in devon we can make them to nearly any size you have available. Please give us a call with your specific requirements.
The media dissolves as the water passes through it so will need topping up periodically depending on how much water you use and how low the pH is.
Available in 3/4 or 1" ports.
Regulation 31 approval by the Drinking Water Inspectorate.
CHARGING AND FITTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR STANDARD PH CORRECTION UNIT BP
- · The unit should be connected to the incoming water supply, as near to the well/borehole/spring as possible, but after the pressure tank if fitted. If used in conjunction with an Iron & Manganese Reduction Unit, the pH Unit should be fitted first (and any UV equipment for bacteria should be last on the line as close to point of use as possible).
- · Installation should be carried out by a registered plumber who can advise of the best location. Everything following the pH unit is protected from problems caused by acidic water.
- · The unit will require a media recharge periodically, depending on the untreated starting pH level and amount of water passed through the unit over time. Average 2 yearly. The media level must be sufficient to give enough contact time.
- · For recharge and maintenance the fitting of isolation and by-pass valves for the filter is recommended.
· WARNING: The unit should not be exposed to negative pressure as this may cause collapse of the tank.
CHARGING THE UNIT
- WARNING: Riser tube must be kept central at all times.
Riser tube must not be raised out of the cylinder whilst fitting.
1. Unscrew the manifold head (black top) and remove completely
2. Replace the riser tube and diffuser upright in the centre of the empty cylinder
3. Holding the riser tube upright and central, pour the pH media into the cylinder using a funnel, ensuring none of the media goes into the riser tube
4. Replace the manifold head on the cylinder ensuring the riser tube fits into the allocated space in the centre of the cap.
FITTING THE UNIT
- WARNING: When connecting fittings to the inlet/outlet ports, we suggest using a sealant and not thread tape, as this can put extra pressure on the ports and cause splitting.
- WARNING: The unit must be protected from potential frost damage, so appropriate lagging or winter heating at the installation location is recommended.
1. Isolate the water supply and cut the incoming water supply pipe in the required location. We suggest fitting isolation and by-pass valves.
2. On the filter manifold head (black top) there are two ¾” BSP male ports (or 1” if specified), labelled inlet and outlet.
3. Connect the incoming water supply pipe to the inlet of the PH unit using the appropriate plumbing fittings. DO NOT connect outlet.
4. Turn water on to the unit slowly, and allow water to flush through the filter until the water runs clear (you may wish to connect a suitable hose to the outlet – not supplied). NB: Ensure by-pass valve closed if fitted.
5. Once water has run clear, isolate the water supply again.
6. Connect the other side of the water supply pipe to the outlet port of the filter using the appropriate plumbing fittings.
7. Slowly turn on the water supply again and check all connections for leaks. The unit is now in service.
NB: Recommended maximum flow rate 23 litres per minute depending on starting pH level, for adequate contact time in order to neutralise the pH.
Based in Devon, with distributors throughout Europe, Silverline UK Limited manufactures a wide range of water treatment systems and products.
Reasons to choose Silverline Uk
- The highest quality materials are always used.
- We have a technical team available to interpret your water report and give advice on suitable solutions.
- We can advise and manufacture to your specific requirements.
- We have a wide range of products to meet your individual needs, domestic and commercial.
- Prompt postage or delivery with a range of carriage options.
- Reminder service to let you know when your filter/cartridge needs replacing.
- Wide range of WRAS approved products.
- All components and parts conform to British standards BS6920
- The filtration media are approved by the Drinking Water Inspectorate and the Department of the Environment
- Careful testing is performed on all our products and reports are available for many to substantiate performance.
- Friendly well informed staff happy to assist.