Type: Iron and manganese reduction unit
This filter is designed to collect Iron and Manganese and Hydrogen Sulphide (the rotten egg smell) from water during the day and automatically backwash at night to clean the Iron filter of all the Iron and Manganese it has collected during the day.
This filter is designed for water with lower contamination levels and houses that have cold water storage tanks in the loft. The Iron and Manganese filter will also need a pressurised supply of water to backwash with so will need to be fitted after the pressure vessel although this filter will work in other applications but this will need to be specified when ordering.
It is always a good idea to email a test report on your water befor buying the filter to ensure the filter is right for your water or alternatively you can give us a call as the advice is free.
For use with potable water to reduce levels of Iron, Manganese and Hydrogen Sulphide
This is a filter for essentially low contamination levels with a flow rate of up to around 20lpm depending on contamination levels
Our Iron and Manganese units include ABS lined cylinder, Automatic back wash valve. 2.5m drain hose.
Regulation 31 approval by the Drinking Water Inspectorate.
For use with potable water to reduce levels of iron and manganese.
Pressure: 30-100 psi
Temp: Cold water use only. Must not freeze.
Port size: 1" bsp male
Electrical rating: 240V 50Hz
Drain connection: 1/2 inch
- Where water pH level is below 6.5, for best results a Silverline pH correction unit should be fitted before this filter.
- Where water appears clean at source, but discolours when left standing, a valve to aerate the water should be fitted before this filter.
IRON & MANGANESE UNIT WITH ERIE VALVE - CHARGING & FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
- Unscrew control head from cylinder and remove gently
- Place riser tube back into cylinder ensuring it is central
- The media charges are numbered. Pour first bag of media (labelled ‘1’) into the cylinder ensuring none enters the riser tube and that the riser tube remains central. Use of a funnel is recommended
- Shake the cylinder gently to level the media
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each bag of media in numerical order
- Push top screen onto riser tube and replace the control head screwing up firmly
- If you have a potassium permanganate tank this should be ready charged (we recommend the level is checked on at least a yearly basis)
Connect the inlet of the iron unit to the water supply,
DO NOT connect outlet
- If your unit has a potassium permanganate backwash tank:
- · Locate the ‘black tee’ on left side of unit head
- · Partly unscrew black nut
- · Push the black 3/8” tube from the tank, through the black nut and into the black tee
- · Tighten nut to secure – do not over-tighten as this could split.
- Fit drain line to the drain elbow on top of head
- Allow water to flush through the unit slowly until water runs clear
- Connect outlet to water line
- Connect transformer to power supply.
- Press the scroll button on head ONCE and set the correct time using the up and down indicators
- Press the scroll button TWICE to initiate a manual backwash (total time 85 minutes). NB: Once backwash has started the whole cycle must be completed – DO NOT stop mid-cycle
- The system is now in service.
NB: If a PH correction unit is required this must be fitted on the water line BEFORE the iron & manganese unit.
Based in Devon, with distributors throughout Europe, Silverline UK Limited manufactures a wide range of water treatment systems and products.
Reasons to choose Silverline Uk
- The highest quality materials are always used.
- We have a technical team available to interpret your water report and give advice on suitable solutions.
- We can advise and manufacture to your specific requirements.
- We have a wide range of products to meet your individual needs, domestic and commercial.
- Prompt postage or delivery with a range of carriage options.
- Reminder service to let you know when your filter/cartridge needs replacing.
- Wide range of WRAS approved products.
- All components and parts conform to British standards BS6920
- The filtration media are approved by the Drinking Water Inspectorate and the Department of the Environment
- Careful testing is performed on all our products and reports are available for many to substantiate performance.
- Friendly well informed staff happy to assist.